The study of stress and adaptation is probably the most complicated and fascinating field in science. After more than a hundred years of study. most scientists are still mystified by the mechanisms of human adaptation, which is really what stress is all about. I wanted to change this and tell my readers about the fascinating science behind the stress response. I examine one of science’s burning issues – the epidemic of stress related diseases, disability, and early death currently ravaging the Western world. Preventable stress is devastating our health and destabilizing our communities.
The Impact of the Human Stress Response is a humanitarian work intended to educate the public worldwide about the true causes and costs of preventable human stress.This book is of great importance to the general public. It will transform many, many lives.
Let me go into more detail. What exactly is “stress“? And what gives it the potential to cause so much damage? In a groundbreaking account twenty years in the making, I explain the root causes of modern stress, and how it harms our bodies, as well as our communities.
In the book I also explain:
- The root causes of stress and learn how to manage it effectively
- Why the stress response is essential for helping one adapt to one’s environment
- The fascinating biology of human stress
- The 5 major causes of stress in modernized society
- How to protect your health – learn how to avoid over-loading one body’s stress response
But what exactly is “stress”? And what gives it the potential to cause so much damage? In a groundbreaking account twenty years in the making, researcher and biologist, Dr. Wingo explains the root causes of preventable modern stress, and how it harms our bodies, as well as our communities.
- Understand the root causes of stress in life and learn how you can manage it effectively
- Find out why the stress response is essential for helping you adapt to your environment
- Protect your health – learn how to avoid over-loading your body’s stress response
Sharing astonishing insights into the way we cope with everything from excessive multitasking to social unrest, she tells a fascinating story of how humans alter their physical states and how our bodies literally open or close their biological borders with the environment to help us adapt in life. Using simple, everyday language, she vividly illustrates our current understanding of how the stress response works, and presents a how-to manual of science-based effective stress management. If you’ve ever wondered how you adapt to your environment and why constant exposure to stress is dangerous – this is a book you must read.
With millions of lives lost and trillions of dollars wasted every year, my goal is to educate and empower billions of people about preventable stress and human biology. I go over my reasons for writing this book here on this video: